Friday, November 22, 2013

Getting Ready add a new doctor, My Oncologist


Scripture of the Day:

Luke 8:43-48 (NLT)

            A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding, and she could find no cure. Coming up behind Jesus, she touched the fringe of his robe.  Immediately the bleeding stopped. “Who touched me” Jesus asked. Everyone denied it and Peter said, Master, this whole crowd is pressing against you. But Jesus said, “Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me.” When the woman realized that she could stay hidden, she began to tremble and fell to her knees in front of him. The whole crowd heard her explain why she had touched him and that she had been immediately healed. 
“Daughter, “He said to her, “Your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”



April 13, 2011

Dr. Wilson said that I was healing as expected and not to feel bad that I get so tired still. I am taking fewer and fewer pain meds. She is putting in the referral for an oncologist. I’m supposed to call Tricare (our insurance) Friday or Monday to get that appointment set up. At least, I have the “put this on, open if front” thing done. I wear shirts that button. Those paper shirts are so cold


I guess I will have more decisions to make when I see the oncologist.  It’s been 2 ½ months and I’ve already made so many life changing decisions. David went back to work today. I’m here alone all day for the first time. It’s ok. David just called me. He and his boss decided he’d just do ½ days the rest of this week. I’m sort of surprised. I haven’t felt particularly upset to be here alone. But, I’m very happy he’s coming home.

November 22, 2013
I'm remembering that it was harder on David to return to work than it was on me. I was feeling pretty good. But he was still worried. That has not changed in 2 1/2 years. He still worries. I look at him funny and he wants to know what's wrong. I wish he wouldn't worry so much. That remark about being done with the "put this one, open in front" and being done. Yeah. Not. Every time I go for any kind of check up it's still, "Put this on, open in front." It was the most common request during all of this and still is. 

If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know He loves you.

If you need ideas to keep you busy, may this site will help:
Teeny Tots Treasures - this site has crafts and other things that may interest children.


No comments:

Post a Comment