Tuesday, November 5, 2013

People are so Generous

Scripture of the Day:
Jeremiah 30:17
I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord, because they, called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

 
March 24, 2011


Before we left, David and I laughed about me having to “put this on, open in front”. (Pre op work before my surgery) I got into a hospital gown twice and covered with a pillow case once for the EKG. Dr. Taylor said that driving to Ohio for the wedding was a risk because of blood clots. We’d have to stop once an hour and in the meantime I’d have to exercise my calves and ankles constantly. I told Mom this morning, I just don’t think I’ll make it home for Brittany’s wedding.

I came in this morning to school and Tracy told me I had over 30 days donated so far!! My jaw dropped and I had to work at not crying…but I busted out in tears. I never expected that I’d get any much less that many. What a wonderful place to work…Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach!!! I called David at work and he cried with me! He said we need to do something for them. He’s right. I was thinking maybe a tree with a plaque. David said we’d give it some thought. I just never dreamed that people would give me so many days! I was gonna be happy with 4 or 5 donated days. David says he doesn’t know why I’m so surprised. I called Mom at 6:12 in the morning. She didn’t mind and I sent the rest text messages to share this news. I am so amazed. God is such an amazing friend.

I just ran into Lou (another teacher). He said his wife came out of it with such a positive experience.  These are very encouraging words. I feel that I will too.

Evan and Jess want us to go to breakfast at Golden Corral Sunday. They have never asked before. Shelvon, another student, I just realized spent his pre-school minutes in my room with me until the bell ran. That simple act speaks volumes to me. How  wonderful! Precious gave me a lily before I leave. Should that be a sign for me to go ahead and get the puppy? I guess I’m still deciding.
Nov. 5, 2013
I was really disappointed that I couldn't go home to my niece's wedding. It really upset me to have to tell them I wasn't coming. As for the days donated to me? I'm still amazed. I did not lose any paychecks because of my 6 week absence because of the generous donations. And as far as Shelvon, you would have to know him. He was not the type that I would've expected to stay close to me as my last days before surgery closed. He was my shadow and I was really moved. If you are making this journey as I am, may God bless you with his healing touch. I know he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment